Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Ornament Wreath

I'm sure you have all seen ornament wreaths on Pinterest and all over different websites. So I decided that I needed to make one for our house for this Winter!


So I started collecting the supplies for this wreath last year after Christmas.
I have 4 different packages of ornaments. Two of them came from Kohls and I got them for $1.99 each for a pack of 24. One package of 24 came from Wal-Mart for $2.50. And the other from Dollar General for $2.00 for 24.
And one present ornament from Dollar General for 25 cents. I thought it would be a cute addition!
I bought wreath from Hobby Lobby


14" wreath from Hobby Lobby. I got it for $2.99 with the 40% off coupon they have weekly. 

Here's a close up of the ornaments. So you can see that I chose bright colors to decorate the wreath with! 


I had found a few boxes of silver at Dollar General after Christmas last year, so I used those as well!!
I started by gluing the ornaments onto the wreath in a random pattern. 


I decided it would be best to go around and do the interior of the wreath first. 

Then I went back through and started filling in around the wreath. 



As I kept going around it started to fill in more and started looking like an amazing wreath!

Just keep gluing, just keep gluing, just keep gluing, gluing, gluing. What do we do, we glue, glue, glue, glue! 

Getting closer! I used the mini ornaments and went around and filled in with those. 

Then I added the present ornament to the back so it would dangle from the top of the wreath. 

I glued it from the back and then added some ribbon for it to be hung from. 

I tied the ribbon to have a bow at the top to hang the wreath from. 

And the finished wreath. 

I used about 150 different sized ornaments to complete this wreath. Between the ornaments and the wreath. All in all, the wreath cost me about $14 dollars because I purchased the ornaments after Christmas and got such a good deal on them! 
For now this wreath with be in our house for the holiday season. But once I have a classroom, I think I will use it in a classroom to decorate! And kids will definitely love it! :)

Happy DIYing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment