Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Thrifty Beach Weekend!!!

So this past weekend my best friend (of eleven years) and I headed up to Grand Valley for a weekend getaway. It consisted mostly of relaxing, watching movies, laughing and catching up, laying out at the beach with a little Goodwill shopping!


I found two steals at Goodwill while we were up there!

I managed to snag this Merona (Target) shirt with cute embellishment for only $3.29! The color didn't show very well in the picture, but its a golden rod color, that I absolutely love!!!


And this Merona Denim skirt (also Target) for only $2.99

I was super excited! This shirt is so light-weight, but it is a little dressier because of the cute embellishment, and the skirt, well I love denim skirts!!! I decided this would make a cute summer outfit, and I managed to get it for less then 7 bucks! Talk about awesome!!!

I was also able to pick up some up 6 great books to add to my personal library for only $2.80!!! Talk about awesome!

The Books I got were: The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White, Words of Stone by Kevin Henkes, Ralph S. Mouse by Beverly Cleary, Otis Spofford by Beverly Cleary, Little House in Brookfield by Maria D. Wilkes and Disney's Lady and the Tramp

I cannot begin to tell you the number of awesome books I have gotten from Goodwill for as little as 40 cents a piece. Every Goodwill is different, but it is totally worth a few minutes scouring the shelves for those awesome finds to add to your collection!!! Not to mention sometimes you can find brand new books that have never even had the binding cracked (those are my favorites!). 

Hopefully next week I will have some more time to craft and share, I have lots of great ideas I can't wait to try!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment